The Mount Rushmore National Memorial, located near the city of Rapid City in the state of South Dakota in the United States, is a monumental granite sculpture located within the presidential memorial in the United States that traces 150 years of the country’s history. The sculpture, 18 feet tall, represent four of the most important presidents in American history. It is left to the right of George Washington (1732-1799), Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) and Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865). The memorial covers an area of 5.17 km ² and is located at 1745 meters altitude. It is managed by the National Park Service under the Department of the Interior of the United States and attracts over two million visitors each year.
- Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer County, South Dakota, United States
- Washington Monument, Washington, D.C.
- Pike Place Market, Seattle, Washington
- California Academy of Sciences, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California, United States
- Grand Central Terminal, New York
- Cloud Gate, Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Share and Enjoy